AJ's has an amazing history. The front part of the building was built as the original women's club in 1937. Laura & Walt purchased it from the women's club and it opened as the first cafe & bar in Homer in 1941. They named it the Homer Cafe & Club. It featured just a few bar stools, a pool table, and a tiny kitchen. Over the years it has had many owners including Tex & Marge Sharp. They named it the "Waterfront" and it became known as the best place on the peninsula to get a good steak! In the 1970's folks would spend hours at the Waterfront being entertained by local legends Harley Hess & Hobo Jim. In the 1990's it became Duggan's and featured a friendly, Irish Pub atmosphere. Now, as AJ's Steakhouse, the old town building has come full circle back to the ol' Waterfront days, featuring great Steak, Seafood, Spirits & Entertainment, along with the same friendly old town hospitality that has been a tradition for over 70 years.